Professional OpportunitiesNBEA Scholarships
Each year, NBEA awards two $1,000 scholarships to individuals pursuing continuing education or graduate study in business education. The scholarships recognize and support educators who give evidence of leadership and scholarship potential in the field of business education. The NBEA Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to outstanding individuals for the purpose of continuing their study and professional development in business education.
To be eligible for an NBEA scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a college or university post-baccalaureate or graduate-level program and submit proof of enrollment;
- Be enrolled in a business education program and/or other related areas in business;
- Submit proof of completion of at least two graduate courses (six semester hours);
- Submit a one-page letter describing (a) past contributions to the field of business education, (b) plans to utilize the degree in the future, (c) two or three significant issues in business education, and (d) why the applicant should be the recipient of the award;
- Submit a current resume;
- Submit two letters of recommendation attesting to the scholarship/leadership potential of the applicant;
- Be currently teaching and plan to continue to teach, or plan to teach upon completion of the program, in the field of business education;
- Be a current professional member of NBEA at the time of application.
An anonymous selection committee, made up of representatives from each of NBEA's five regions, will evaluate the applications and identify the winners. Scholarship winners will be announced during the Awards Luncheon at the NBEA 2014 Annual Convention in Los Angeles, California, on Friday, April 18.
To qualify for this years' Scholarship Program, the Scholarship Application Form must be postmarked no later than December 1 and returned to NBEA headquarters.