Professional OpportunitiesNBEA Scholarships
This year, NBEA will award two $1,500 scholarships to individuals pursuing continuing education or graduate study in business education. The scholarships recognize and support educators who give evidence of leadership and scholarship potential in the field of business education. The NBEA Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to outstanding individuals for the purpose of continuing their study and professional development in business education.
To be eligible for an NBEA scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a college or university post-baccalaureate or graduate-level program and submit proof of enrollment;
- Be enrolled in a business education program and/or other related areas in business;
- Submit proof of completion of at least two graduate courses (six semester hours);
- Submit a one-page letter describing (a) past contributions to the field of business education, (b) plans to utilize the degree in the future, (c) two or three significant issues in business education, and (d) why the applicant should be the recipient of the award;
- Submit a current resume;
- Submit two letters of recommendation attesting to the scholarship/leadership potential of the applicant;
- Be currently teaching and plan to continue to teach, or plan to teach upon completion of the program, in the field of business education;
- Be a current professional member of NBEA for a minimum of one full year at the time of application. Student members are NOT eligible to apply.
An anonymous selection committee will evaluate the applications and identify the winners. Scholarship winners must be registered and present at the NBEA Awards Luncheon on Friday, March 25, at the NBEA 2016 Annual Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada, where they will be introduced.
To qualify for this years' Scholarship Program, the Scholarship Application Form must be postmarked no later than December 1 and returned to NBEA headquarters.